Benzie Area Media & Letters to Editor Info
It’s important to track the performance of those who represent us in Lansing and Washington, D.C. Please pay attention to their issue positions and votes. You can respond by contacting them and by writing to our local papers.
Traverse City Record Eagle: (firstname.lastname@example.org) 200-word limit. Include name, address, phone number, email address. Or write Record-Eagle, Letters to the Editor, Box 632, Traverse City, MI 49685-0632.
Record Patriot:: (email@example.com). 500 words or less. Include name, address, phone number. Limited to one per person in 30 days. Or write to the Record Patriot Editor, 417 Main St., Frankfort, MI 49635.
Northern Express: (firstname.lastname@example.org) 300-word limit; one per person every two months. Include name, phone number. Do not FAX. Or mail to Northern Express Editor, P.O. Box 209, Traverse City, MI 49685.
You may be a Democrat if…
- you believe a quality public education is the cornerstone of our democracy.
- you believe in clean air, clean water, and responsible land use.
- you value the contributions of ALL working people.
- you believe every eligible voter should allowed to vote and every vote is counted.
- you believe government should be open, honest, and fiscally (financially) responsible.
- you think medicine, blankets, and food are better diplomatic tools than land mines, smart bombs, and nukes.
- you believe in government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
- you believe our support for the troops does not end on the day of their discharge.
- you believe our national security depends upon our energy independence.